- Do you feel hopeless and need to talk to someone without being judged or misunderstood?
- Do you have issues / challenges that you are going through and wondering how to address them?
- Is your marriage going through a rough time and you are wondering whether there is hope?
- Are you struggling with any addiction and need help to overcome or someone to talk to?
- Are you struggling to understand your child’s behaviour and seem not to be getting to the bottom of it?
- Are you planning to get married and need to lay down the right foundation?
- Are you going through a loss (bereavement, loss of a job, a relationship etc) and need someone to walk with you?
- Are you struggling to understand yourself and wondering why you do the things you do, some of which you regret later?
Our Types Counseling
- Wellness coaching
- Pre-marital counseling
- Family therapy
- Marital counselling
- Loss and grief counselling
- Trauma counselling
- Addiction counselling
- Adolescent counselling
- Career counselling
- Depression counselling
Individual counselling is a cooperative and respectful process between therapist and client to facilitate change. As a client, you will be provided a safe, confidential, and supportive environment to help you address issues.
Engaging in counselling during challenging times takes courage and commitment. The benefits of counselling can lead to greater self-awareness, insight and strength to face the challenges of life, to find hope and meaning.
Relationships are central to our psychological health. Healthy and supportive relationships with partners, family, friends and colleagues are associated with increased psychological wellbeing, and reduced levels of depression and stress. However relationships can be complicated, and building and maintaining healthy relationships can be difficult. People seek counselling for couple conflict, relationship breakdown, poor communication, marriage counselling, infidelity, difficulties in relationships with colleagues, friends, and family members.
Family therapy can help marriages, couples and families withstand the stress that comes along with some of life’s challenges.
Children and Adolescent Counselling
Our therapists are available to help your child or teenager with emotional, behavioral and social challenges. Counselling can help your child understand, manage and overcome many different personal challenges such as; anxiety, depression, anger, friendship problems etc.
Group therapy includes other people with similar symptoms and severity, you also benefit from the support, understanding and empathy of fellow group members. This provides unique benefits like multiple listeners and perspectives whilst learning you are not alone in your experiences.
Employment Assistance Programs (EAPs)
SMI offers EAPs to churches, businesses or organizations.
Respect for clients Honesty and trust
One on one engagement with clients and groups to establish the course of their distress and walk with them towards healing and restoration.
Smile Wellness operates on flexible hours. Appointments can be made via email or by phone and the client and therapist agree on the time.